Date: November 3, 9:00am- 5:00pm
The Workshop will be held in English
The workshop is designed for the beginner/intermediate GTM user
Phil will have 4 Demo sites, but recommends installing a wordpress GTM plugin to work on a real Blog (or using the Chome injector on a real website)
- [ecommerce] or [using Chrome GTM Injector ]
- [lead gen]
- [wordpress blog] or [screenshots]
- [stawman examples]
8:00 – 9:00 am Registration
9:00 – 10:00 am GTM introduction
10:00 – 10:30 am Coffee Break
10:30 – 11:30 am Basic Examples
11:30am – 12:30 pm Advanced Examples:
12:30 – 2:00 pm Lunch
2:00 – 3:00 pm Interactive Demo
3:00 – 3:30 pm Coffee Break
3:30 – 4:30 pm Universal Migration examples
4:30 – 5:00 pm Q&A
- Enable GTM on a website
- Know how to debug GTM
- Know what the difference between a data macro and rule is.
- Know what the dataLayer is.
- Know the common mistakes & solutions.
- Know Universal upgrade steps and check-list.
- Questions & Answer session
Macro level – Migration process planning:
- Getting IT buy-in & clients development resources
- Tactical planning
- Technical planning
- Naming conventions plan
- Quality Assurance plan/process
- Reducing Human errors (IT dept on-boarding/training process)
- Security planning on Google Account
Micro level – Deployment planning using parallel tag:
- Create empty GTM container and add the code to global header of ALL pages.
- Deploy parallel deployment of Universal via GTM, with GA classic running via hardcode.
- Then find & replace GA classic code with event called onload_ga_pageview.
- Add ecommerce dataLayer to checkout thankyou page
- Replace inline code gaq.push with equivalent dataLayer.push code and add GTM event tags within GTM settings, so there is a seamless migration.
- Add better dataLayer for product pages, and user-interactions.
All attendees will receive a free copy of GTM developer guide (80pages)
About Phil Pearce:
Phil is an independent digital analytics, SEO and PPC consultant based in the UK. Over the past 11 years Phil has been helping clients improve their analytics and search engine marketing through the introduction of new tools and disruptive techniques. “Fail Fast – Succeed Faster” is the motto behind Phil’s approach. Phil is renowned for his in-depth technical skills and the ability to solve business challenges through innovative technological solutions. Prior to going independent, Phil worked for optimisation agency Conversion Works as a Google Analytics and search specialists and several other agencies prior to that. Phil holds a BA in Business Studies from the University of Luton. He is a GAIQ certified as well as holding search marketing certifications from all three main search engines (Google, Yahoo and MSN).